Volunteers can expect to gain experience in the care and management of birds of prey, and learn about native species of raptors.
We gladly take volunteers age 14 and up. Younger volunteers are welcome to come with parental supervision. There is no prior experience needed to volunteer at ARC!
Volunteer work days are Wednesdays and Fridays from 9:30am to 12:30pm. We are also open to the public on Saturdays and can always use help from 9:30am to 4:30pm.
Here are just a few of the tasks that volunteers can expect to perform:
- Mews/Kennel cleaning
- Feeding birds
- Handling education birds
- Weighing birds
- Giving water to all our birds on hot days
- Bird Management
- Helping to release birds back to the wild
- Constructing or rewrapping perches
- Maintaining Mews
- Helping to construct new housing facilities
- Talking to visitors about our education birds, their place in the environment, their biology, and how humans impact them
- Programs take place at ARC on Saturdays, and sometimes offsite during the week
Help us help Raptors!